Thursday, March 20, 2008

KITES

Spring 1 Term Finals are over!!! Hallelujah! Grades will be out by Tuesday. Next term starts on the 31st of March. I am taking 3 classes for 9 semester hours next term. Ouch! That will be painful! Anyway, during the week off going to do a little remodeling and get the munchkin into his own room.

Tonight's post is about kites. As is mentioned in my bio, I like to fly stunt kites. I want to expand my collection from the cheapo kites I have now and get some new ones that are quality built and will take me to the next level of kite flying. If you are interested in this sport, I recommend that you visit one of the newest links I have on the side, intothewind.com. Check them out! They have some really awesome kites.

The top one is a traditional two-string stunt kite or trick kite. The bottom is a more advanced 4-string kite. I haven't tried these ones yet. I like to go to a beach about 25 minutes from my house called grand view beach. It's not a real well known spot. The beach itself is on the Chesapeake Bay. It is not a great beach for swimming but it gets a pretty good breeze especially this time of year. It's rarely ever crowded and is a fun place to fly especially trying to dip as close as possible to the waves without crashing. It takes a kite with good moves to play like that. I enjoy it. I taught my dad to fly last year. He liked it too. I encourage you to try it if you live anywhere there is decent wind. If not, they have special "no-wind" kites you can try. It's a relatively easy and inexpensive hobby that is a lot of fun for all ages! Enjoy!

No comments: