Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday - Krishna & Christ

Today is a day of rest...so I will rest from the politics for today. I read a good book this week. It reminded me yet again of the amazing simplicity of the Gospel. The book was "New Birth or Rebirth," by Ravi Zacharias. Primarily it was a discussion of the opposing points of Hinduism's Krishna and the Christ of the Bible. Even if one knows little of Hinduism, it is fairly easy to pick up on the points Ravi is making. And it is easy to see yet again the power of the simple Gospel that presents so simply the perspective, the problem, and the solution for all mankind. The older I get, the more I appreciate the way, the truth, and the life of Christ. I encourage all who question the relevancy of the Gospel or who are interested in the challenges of eastern religions to tackle this book and honestly consider its perspectives. Have a restful and Christ honoring Sunday!

No comments: