Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thinking, Praying, Mourning....

I don't really know what to say. My heart is aching for Haiti and its people. I traveled there when I was 16 (I know...many moons ago). Having walked many of the streets you see in the news, I still remember the pulse of its capital and the throbbing hurt of its people. Watching them endure the great hardships in the intervening years, I am deeply saddened by the new chaos and heartache unfolding there. I have tried to reach my friend Benjamin without success. I can only hope he is ok. I hope you too join me saying prayers for this devastated nation....

2 comments:

Heather said...

I know you always have had a special place in your heart for Haiti. I hope you hear from your friend after all the chaos is settled:(

Heather said...

I know you always have had a special place in your heart for Haiti. I hope you hear from you friend after the dust has settled a bit.