Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Family Celebration

Those of you who have visited my wife's blog this week probably already know she put on a little party for me for my birthday. You can visit her blog to hear the details. She fixed a great meal and we had a fun little party. We even put a few candles on the cheesecake because Julia said it wouldn't be a birthday without candles! :-) I must say that Birthdays mean less and less as one gets older...I guess they become harbingers of impending doom rather than celebrations of living! :-) However, I still feel younger than my 28 years and I intend to keep it that way as long as possible. I told my Dad it is frightening because I can remember when he was my age! :-) Just think: I am only 12 years from 40! ;-)

It really has been a great journey so far and I really would trade very little that I have experienced in my life. Granted, everyone has moments they wish they could relive or forget, but thank God, mine have been few and far between. I'm thankful for my wonderful family, grateful for my beautiful wife, and hopeful for many wonderful memories and experiences to come. Here's to another 28!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rick!