Saturday, September 13, 2008

An Update...Finally! - Pics from Labor Day

Well,

We did survive the storm...no problems. We had some pretty strong gusty wind and rain, but we never even lost power...thankfully. I am very behind on my postings so I am going to try catching up a little.

Below you will see some pictures of our trip to WV over Labor Day weekend. We decided to make a flying trip up and back. We drove up on Friday and stayed the night with Jay and Hannah in their little house. On the way up we met Jenn's sister, Belinda, and her husband at Tamarack and visited with them for about 30 minutes. Then we surprised my Mom and Dad (after nearly 6 years of trying) by sneaking in without them expecting us. The kids enjoyed their place in the country.
They also thoroughly enjoyed playing with their cousins (Ben's kids & Carrie's kids). Julia and Christopher got to ride Uncle Jay's motorcycle. I even gave it a shot...but I am not very good. I almost dumped it once and barely dodged a tree on another turn. The kids loved it though.
Me giving it a shot.

Julia, Britney, Tori

Then that evening we sat outside playing music and fellowshipping. It was very enjoyable. I really enjoyed the time with my Dad. I have been missing him a lot this year. I soak up the time with him all I can, like I'm a sponge.

Sunday we spent the day with Jenn's folks, going to church and fellowshipping with them. Sunday night my folks came over unexpectedly to Jay's and we got to visit them a little more. Monday we drove back to VA and we brought Jessica, my sister, back with us. She is helping out around the house and being of great assistance to both me and Jenn.

That's all for the moment. I'll type again tomorrow hopefully. Y'all take care!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nice pics Rick...glad you all got to be with family over the holiday weekend. I bet they really were surprised!!!

Take care...hope you get your rest and Jessica feels better soon-