Thursday, February 21, 2008

"To the End of the World"


I don't remember where I first saw this photo. I am not even sure where it came from, so if anyone can enlighten me, I would like to document its source.
Anyway, I think this is a really cool picture showing the line between day and night from space. Imagine how God views this. I think the most amazing thing is that He sees us.
He doesn't look from where He is to where we are and see just swirls of water, clouds, land, and a few winking lights. He sees you and sees me right where we are whatever we are going through.
When was the last time you looked down from 30,000 feet and distinguished anything in any detail? Exactly. Yet God sees every moment of your life and mine. He even promised that He would not be any more distant than we made Him. He promised to knock on the door of every heart and wait for an invitation to enter. Then He promised that He would never leave as long as He was welcome...even unto the end of the very world you see in this picture. I think that is a tremendous promise and a great comfort. So don't feel lost or alone. Wherever you are on this planet, there He is.

No comments: